Students love to get their driver’s license. It is one of the most anticipated events in a teen’s life. Parents aren’t so excited about this new venture in their child’s life. We all know how dangerous it can be to get behind the wheel of an automobile, especially for the inexperienced student drivers. Luckily, safety is in the bag when the seven safety tips below are put to use.
1. It is tempting to send that text or answer the call, but doing so puts you and other driver at risk. Don’t even use a hands-free phone when you’re driving. Pull to the side of the road if you must.
2. Watch the speed limit signs and obey the limits. Speeding is one of the biggest factors to fatal accidents. This is even worse for student drivers. Slow down a little bit and stay safe.
3. Make sure you turn on the headlights! Even daytime driver’s need headlights to help them see through fog, rain, and to be visible to other drivers who are on the road.
4. Keep your eyes on the road at all times. Avoid distractions such as eating, looking at your phone, playing with the radio, etc. These things can take your mind off the road and what you were doing, resulting in an accident, especially for inexperienced student drivers brooklyn ny.
5. You may think that you can drive when you were tired, but you dramatically increase accident risks when you do. Do not get behind the wheel of your car if you have not had enough sleep or you feel like you cannot keep your eyes open any longer. It is better to be safe than to be sorry.
6. Teen drivers get distracted very easily. Do not drive with friends because they’re often a big distraction to drivers. Driving alone is the best solution to this problem.
7. One of the most important things that you can do to stay safe is keep an eye out for other drivers who you share the road with.